WHO IS ECEB
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT IN INFORMATICS – ICI BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
The National Institute for Research & Development in Informatics – ICI Bucharest, represents the most important Institute for research, development and innovation in Information Technology and Communications in Romania. Assuming the scientific and technological priorities in this area, ICI’s mission is to consolidate its position and to develop scientific and technological support in the field of Information Technology & Communications, support needed for creating structures and services required by the knowledge-based information society.
Starting with 2001, ICI Bucharest has achieved from “SGS România S.A”. – subsidiary of SGS, world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, ISO 9001 certification for activity in scientific research and technological development resulting in products, technologies, systems and services in the field of Information Technology.
Areas of expertise
- communication networks and advanced technologies for application development in shared environments;
- information and communication technologies in areas of public interest;
- digital content, creativity and personal development;
- information and communication technologies, base for development of business and industry; new models and technologies in Systems and Software Engineering;
- knowledge-based systems, learning and cognitive systems;
- advanced systems for calculations and automated control.
- research – development – innovation, within the frames of national and international programs;
- technological transfer and capitalization of research achievements in the field of Information and Communication Technology;
- elaborating products and information systems for vary fields of activity;
- collaboration with academies and specialized institutes internationally;
- development, implementation and supply of information services, including in the field of computer networks;
- elaborating diagnosis and prognosis studies regarding the development in the field of Information and Communication Technology;
- coordinating complex projects and implementing hardware and software solutions and components;
- editing and printing publications in the field of Information and Communication Technology.
ODU – OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Old Dominion University began its tradition of excellence when it was founded in 1930 by the College of William and Mary, the second oldest university in the United States. Established as an extension of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, and Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blacksburg, Virginia, Old Dominion began educating teachers and engineers. The two-year school rapidly evolved into a four-year institution, and was granted independence in 1962 as Old Dominion College.
Considerable growth in enrollment, the expansion of research facilities and preparation for the addition of graduate programs led the Board of Visitors to approve the name change to Old Dominion University. Now Old Dominion is a powerhouse for higher education with six colleges: Arts and Letters, Business and Public Administration, Education, Engineering and Technology, Health Sciences and Sciences. Old Dominion has offered master’s degrees since 1964 and Ph.D.s since 1971. The University has achieved designation as a Research University (high research activity) from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Proud of its past, Old Dominion constantly looks to the future and prides itself on its continually expanding research and teaching programs. An ever-evolving university, Old Dominion is an agent of change for its students, for the region and the nation it serves. Old Dominion is Virginia’s forward-focused, public doctoral research university for students from around the world who want a rigorous academic experience in a profoundly multicultural community. Our nationally recognized faculty use real-world expertise and innovative teaching methods to challenge students to achieve their highest goals. Our determined entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving drives cutting-edge research, eminent scholarship and strategic partnerships with government, business, industry, organizations and the arts.
EURISC – EUROPEAN INSTITUTE FOR RISK, SECURITY AND COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT, ROMANIA
The EURISC Foundation is an independent Think Tank, set up in Bucharest, Romania in 1995 to study and promote issues related to risk, security and communication.
The EURISC Foundation seeks to promote security research and innovation (energy security, critical infrastructure protection problematic, a.o.), dialogue, education, training and research on major issues of national and international security, including nonproliferation, focusing on non-military risks, primarily natural hazards, climate chaos and national security, emerging systemic risks, corruption, organized crime (including illegal immigration and trafficking), terrorism, the security sector reform, security sector governance and the security culture.
It is at the forefront of research in the fields of Energy Security, Critical Infrastructures Protection and Security Sector Reform.
IF – IDEA FACTORY THINK TANK, ROMANIA
For more information, visit the link below!